Why study geology?
Studying geology means studying a complex and ever-evolving system which creates the conditions that make our planet habitable. The scientific pursuit in Geology therefore requires the combination of a field-based approach, laboratory work and work with modern software and scientific instruments.
Why choose the Department of Geological Sciences at MUNI?
- practical and theoretical approaches to teaching combined
- small study groups, one-on-one approach
- easy access to study sources
- electronic study materials
- lecture rooms and laboratories equipped with modern instruments
- modern library, bookshop and academic canteen on the premises
- modern analytical instruments
- specialised information technology (GIS, hydrogeological and geochemical modeling etc.)
- many student accommodation options offered by the university accommodation services
- newly reconstructed buildings including break rooms and botanical gardens
Talented students are acknowledge through academic awards and are given opportunities to be involved in research
The life of a Geology student
– Geology is best studied outdoors!
– class field trips - mapping courses, expeditions, excursions
– friendly atmosphere
– study abroad options (CEEPUS, Erasmus)